Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More Catching Up

To catch things up a bit today, I spent last weekend again looking unsuccessfully for the last box in two of Lightnin' Bug's Zodiac series in French Creek. I walked around the area where I think both of them should be so many times that I feel that I know each rock and stump personally. I am convinced that it is a block in my brain about them because I truly hate walking in this park - the trails are so covered with rocks that I fear breaking an ankle each time I am there. But where there are letterboxes - I must go.

After I finally admitted defeat I traveled over to Hopewell Village to take some pictures for my Markeroni challenge. It was a rather dreary Saturday morning about 9 AM and the park ranger was just opening up the buildings there. It was kind of neat because I was the only visitor and he was a very accomodating guide. I took lots of pictures and at one point placed Raindrop, the little stuffed mascot that I must use in each of my Markeroni challenge photos, on the fence around a corral which contained farm horses and sheep. Well, the horses thought that he looked good enough to eat so I had to quickly remove him.

There is a semi-mystery box planted in this area and I found the trail which leads to it but since we were heading to Atlantic City later that morning, I had to save that walk for another time.

Just wanted to add one more item to this blog. I have a personal traveler, Who Is? and this is the only place where I will publish the answer to the question. Peter de Luca is one of the Philadelphia Eagles team doctors. He is also on the staff at Jefferson Hospital which is the hospital that I deal with for my dissected artery. Since I have never been asked about it, I assumed that the clue was way too hard. Also, keep in mind for the future, that my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Once we get the house placed back together (the new carpeting comes tomorrow), I hope to begin carving again.

Note: this section of the blog was originally written five days ago but the blogger website was having technical difficulties and this was the first chance that I actually had to publish this. In case you were interested, the carpeting is installed, the house is almost back together and looks wonderful. What a difference it made even though the color is almost the same as what we had before. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. The link to your personal traveler on AQ isn't quite right. It should be:

    BoxId=9350

    > I walked around the area where I think both of them should be so many times that I feel that I know each rock and stump personally.
    Gosh, true for me, too. I will never have as long a day letterboxing as the day I can't find a box.

    ReplyDelete