
Saturday was promising to be the nicer of the two days for this weekend, so I made plans to box my little heart out that day. I was down at Hibernia Park before the sun was up to find two Dogs with Wings boxes. After sitting in the car for about 10 minutes, waiting for the sun to make its appearance, I decided "the heck with it" and started down the trail using my flashlight. It was a little eerie and just a little scary because there is still a lot of ice and snow on the trail there. Well, I actually found the first box, Bear's Blue Butterfly in the dark. The stamp was really a very nice one even though it was one of Dogs with Wings first boxes. I have been corresponding with Sherry of Dogs with Wings and am totally impressed and thrilled with her enthusiasm and desire to play our game. As I began my way back down the trail to find Dodge's Boogying Butterfly, the sun was just starting to make its way into the sky. Unfortunately, it wasn't the bright warm type of sunshine but a rather bleak bit of daylight, making the creek which I was passing over in the picture, look like a beautiful but cold winter wonderland. I was running short of time because I was supposed to be somewhere else shortly but decided to take a quick look. I think I found the site where the box may be but because it was along the creek and the temps were well below the freezing point, every rock that I tried to look under was frozen fast to the ground. Oh well, it will give me another reason to run down to this really nice park. And just want to mention that the park is very willing to work with letterboxers. I have two boxes, Laura's Childhood Luvs, Strawberry Shortcake and Old Fiddlers Picnic there and Dogs with Wings have their two. All have been approved by the park ranger.
After I finished at Hibernia, I made a quick stop at Warwick County Park in northern Chester County, just to see what it was like. They are offering a geocaching class next weekend and I am thinking that I might take it to see if I can learn how to use my new GPS, which I have been carrying around in my pack since Christmas. It looks like a great park. I also made a run down to Marsh Creek State Park since I had never been there before. It has a beautiful big lake there and when I picked up a park map, I saw that they also have some nature trails. Looks like I will be taking a more detailed look at this park soon.
After taking my tour of northern Chester County, I meandered to the site of Nathalies's Journal #8 and was very surprised to see that I was only the fourth person to log into this box which has been around for ten months now. The walk was really nice and by then the sun was beginning to warm things up a little bit. From Nathalie's Journal, I took another drive to look for the Evil One's Math Test. I had spent hours each night the week prior trying to remember all of my math from high school because Rich insisted that it was all high school math. Well, it wasn't like any math that I remember! I had solved about 85 of the 100 problems, whether they were correct or incorrect was yet to be seen, but I thought that I had done enough to wing it. And I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! After walking at least two miles and probably more to find the spot for this box added to the miles that I had already done, my feet were beginning to feel like lead weights. Or as Rich says, "My dawgs were barking." And I didn't find the box but I know that I was very close. Rich confirmed that and gave me a clue on some problems that I had solved incorrectly so I am almost ready to make another attempt. I have enlisted Hikers 'n Hounds to make the next trip with me. I am determined to find that box now.
As I was heading for home that afternoon, the ideas for another new series popped into my head. Keep checking here for those boxes because I think that the only place that I might post them will be in this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment