Saturday, March 18, 2006

Roman Runes!

I am fortunate to have the Lil Milkmonster with me this weekend but was a little sad that I wasn't going to be able to do any letterboxing. The weather is supposed to be a bit too cold to take him out with me on some of the stroller friendly boxes that I have planned for us. He is just getting over a nasty stomach virus so we will probably be spending the weekend snuggling and reading books. And since I wasn't able to walk last weekend thanks to a sprained foot, I was really missing letterboxing.

But..... a solution presented itself! I was able to decipher Lightnin' Bug's new box Box Romana and was happy to see that it was not too far for me to make an after work road trip. So I got a little taste of letterboxing by finding that one.

And I made another trip to Hibernia County Park for a second attempt at finding Dodge's Boogying Butterfly . The first time I was there, the ground was totally frozen and I couldn't move any rocks to find this box. Well, before I was able to complete my search for it, I heard someone calling my name and I looked up the hill to see a man, a woman, and two dogs, one with his own set of wheels. Would you believe it was Dodge - the namesake of the box that I was searching for! I had never met Dogs with Wings before but had been corresponding with Sherry for the past several months. And I have never had an ontrail meeting with another boxer before so this was a really wonderful experience for me. Sherry and I are planning on doing some boxing together and the thing that made me the happiest was that she mentioned that she likes to get an early start. This forever endeared her to me! I can't believe that I had my camera with me and didn't take pictures of us and the box when I found it.

Anyway, I did get a little boxing in this week and that made me very happy. Now I am looking forward to next weekend when Hikers 'n Hounds, Miss Moon, Sheba and hopefully, the Crayola Posse are all traveling to Berks county to search for a few mystery boxes and some other local boxes with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment