The bad news is that Bill is going to go to New Mexico to spend a month with his son who is home from Germany. Will, Bill's son, owns a house in New Mexico that he rents out and his old tenants are moving. Will drove out to New Mexico this week in Bill's little red car - yes, who would ever have believed that Bill would relinquish it for even a day! Bill's last day of work is on Thursday so he is going to celebrate the beginning of his retirement by flying out and they are going to prepare the house for some new tenants. Then the plan is that they are going to drive back home, via Las Vegas and perhaps head back to visit Denver and see some of the country as they leisurely return. Yes, that is the bad news.
And the good news is that Bill is going to go to New Mexico to spend a month with his son who is home from Germany. That means that I can box till I drop! I need to drop him off at the Philadelphia Airport very early next Saturday morning. Did you know that there are twenty six different letterboxes, some with several boxes to the series, on a 60 mile drive through northern Delaware!! Wow! Twenty six! Barney is going to accompany me and we are going to spend all day Saturday and all day Sunday looking for them. Hopefully, we will find either a camp ground or a cheap hotel that allows dogs for the little bit of rest that we might need. If not, I am sure that there must be a rest stop along Rt. 95 that would provide a place to crawl in the back of my car to sleep. Twenty six! Wow! And I don't have to be home to cook, or clean, or do laundry or anything. WOW!
And then the following weekend is my planned three day trip to the Rocks, Docks and Locks gathering in Canada. Except that now it will be a four day trip since I can stay through the Memorial Day holiday. WOW!
I will definitely miss Bill the weekend after that because we were excited about taking a three hour walking tour on Neversink Mountain sponsored by the Berks County Conservancy. I am still going and have convinced a friend to go along and am keeping my fingers crossed that Pink Panther and Black Swan can also go. (Do you hear me, Mary??)
But the day after that is open and if I don't spend it with the Lil Milkmonster, I will be out somewhere fairly local getting the exercise I need.....exercise, yep, that's what I am going to be getting.
And the weekend after that is the Campin' and Stampin' gathering and I had already taken Friday off to get a head start on all of the boxes around Little Bennett. I haven't even begun to organize myself for that one...so little time so many boxes to locate and three whole days to locate them.
And the weekend after that is the Finger Lakes gathering. Bill had tentatively agreed to go to that one with me but now there is nothing to stop me from going there either!
And the weekend after that.....oh wait, I think a month is up already......Bill will be home.....I guess I will be cooking and cleaning and doing laundry that weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment