Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Flood of 2006

The Scenic Exeter River Walk is about a half mile from my home along the Schuylkill River in Berks County and it was the trail that I walked on almost every day, winter, spring, summer and fall, until I discovered letterboxing. It is also the home of my first letterboxing find, The Exeter Scenic Trail Rocks. Last year, I placed a box along it, Happy Pawlidays. Well, a trip to the river yesterday was a little disheartening. This is a picture of the entrance into the parking lot. The entrance is to the left of the picture, you can just see the road sign in the greenery. It is also the road that I take to go to work and to Laura's house. It appears that it will be several days before we are able to use the road again and who knows how long until the trail is accessible to check on the boxes.
The picture below is from the bridge. Usually the water is way below the bridge. Yesterday is was lapping the bottom of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment