This is my second entry into the "this is why I letterbox" category. Even though the box here is missing, I am so very happy that I made the trip anyway. After traveling for miles up a rutted narrow road to get to the top of the mountain, I finally reached my unmarked and unannounced destination. I wasn't sure if I was in the right spot until I finally hit the parking lot and saw this sign.
I got out of my car, not sure what to expect, and walked about 100 feet to the most beautiful sight that I saw all weekend. And believe me, this weekend was full of beautiful sights.
All I could say when I saw this was "Wow!" The lady at the counting table just laughed at me and said "We get a lot of that here."
I wish that my little camera could have captured the beauty in full. These pictures are lovely but the reality was breath taking. Fortunately, it was a clear day so I could literally see for miles and miles....sounds like the name of a song!
This is definitely a trip that I will take again when I am in the area. No letterbox is needed to pull me back to the top of this mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment