Early on a warm August Sunday morning, I started out for a letterbox series in York County, the county that I was born in and spent the first 40 years of my life in. I had been a little surprised when I read the clues to a new Red Cruzsader series based on the little town of Dillsburg. I had spent a lot of time in this town in my past life when my ex in-laws had owned and operated a little restaurant bar in its outskirts but I had never heard the story that was told in the clues to Pickle Passionate/Possessed. Besides being a nice recounting of the pickle relationship to the town, the clues took me on a historic little tour which I could have bypassed because I was able to map out the location of the box just by using a map. I am so glad that I followed the Pickle Nickle tour clues exactly, because, as I wrote in the comments on my "find" on Atlas Quest, these boxes really were a lot of fun to follow.
Red Cruzsader is a marvelous carver and an imaginative planter. I rarely have two consecutive boxes which I feel earned a "this is why I letterbox" designation but Pickle Passionate/Possessed really deserved this in my estimation.
No comments:
Post a Comment