Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dolphins

Who doesn't love dolphins!  I can't imagine anyone who doesn't get excited when they are at the beach and see those heads bobbing up and down in the water.  A long time ago, I was told that if there were dolphins in the area, sharks would stay away.  I am not sure how true that is but I choose to believe it.  My daughter has always been intrigued with all things dolphin and remembers to this day exactly how they look from when she could still see.  I often buy her dolphin related gifts because I know that she can visualize them in her mind.  

One of the things that I noticed as I was driving around Virginia Beach was the plethora of dolphins in front of so many businesses and tucked into nooks and crannies everywhere.  Somewhere I came across an article that said that the Virginia Beach dolphin statues are sold to businesses and the proceeds go to a charity. Great idea!  Here are some, but not nearly all, of the dolphins that I saw. All of these were near letterboxes that I sought.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment