Monday, February 23, 2015

I Always Wanted to Go To Switzerland

After several days of beautiful sunshine and doing some fun things with Bill, it was time for another letterboxing dedicated day.  I decided to go to Switzerland.  There were boxes to be found in Switzerland but I really don't know if there was much else there. I was just intrigued with the name and the fact that I had always wanted to go to Switzerland.  Of course, the day that I wanted to go had a 70% chance of rain.  I decided to head out long before sunrise to  make the 70 mile drive.  The roads were very dark and the rain was coming down very hard so I stopped at a Walmart and purchased a rain poncho, determined to continue with my plans.   Of course, what other park name could there be in Switzerland except Alpine Groves.
I thought it was interesting that this little cardinal who was pecking away on the ground didn't seem the least bit intimidated by me and posed very prettily for a picture.
 This view of the St. Johns river shows just how miserable the day was but I was counting my blessings that it was raining and not snowing.  After all, I WAS in Switzerland!
 I think I am getting used to signs like this one but I still feel a little thrill when I run into one.
The rain discourage me from pulling my camera out of my pocket too many times and I was extremely thankful that most of the boxes that I found did not contain logbooks which would slow down the stamping in process.  I ended up with quite a few boxes in this park and, of course, just as I was leaving, the rain let up and there were signs that the sun was going to be pushing its way through before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment