Sunday, May 31, 2015

How Might a Letterboxer Spend a Rainy Day?

You know that question that keeps popping up on the interview portion of the Atlas Quest profile?  You know, that one that asks how a letterboxer might spend a rainy day?  This weekend, I had to decide how this letterboxer would spend a weekend that had thunderstorms written all over it.  I actually enjoy boxing in the rain but thunderstorms are a different story.  I love thunderstorms and really enjoy watching them in safety but don't consider being in the woods being safe from them.  Just as an interesting side note, last week I was at our home in Florida and it was storming fiercely.  Our area had no rain but as we were watching the six o'clock news while the thunder was crashing and the lightning was dazzling, they announced that our town of Deltona had recorded 3,297 lightning strikes within the last hour.  Pretty amazing, right?  Well, remember, we had no rain, just thunder and lightning and we went outside to watch the show after we heard the news broadcast and both of us were rather startled to see a rooster strutting back and forth across our parking lot.  Then he went to the door on the condo across the road from us and started pecking on the door.  I think he was a little unsettled by the unusual weather and wanted OUT of it!
But to get back to letterboxing and threatening thunderstorms, I decided to spend my time wisely.  So I started making a mess of my paper supplies and the next day ended up with a stash worthy of a letterboxer on a thunderstormy day.
My kitchen table went from this above....to this below and I won't have to make logbooks for a very, very, very long time.
Ironically, the rooster covered logbook on the bottom right is my new trail logbook.  I didn't intend to tie my rooster story in with the logbook but there it is!  I decided to make my own trail logbooks after my hiking buddies, Idlemoon and Blue Delft, convinced me that my stamp impressions just weren't as sharp as they could be in the Pro Art logbooks I have been using for years.  I purchased some nice quality card stock and cannot believe the difference in the stamps that I have tested so far.  I have a friend who says the main reason she goes to work is to pick up tidbits and hints about improving life from her co-workers and I guess that thought carries over to boxing with friends instead of alone all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment