Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Weekend Before Thanksgiving

I began my week of Thanksgiving vacation with an entire weekend with Laura and Nicholas. What a delight he is - I just love being a grandmother. We finished all of Laura's Christmas shopping and bought her some new clothes to wear to Chip's graduation in two weeks. We can hardly believe that the long seven and a half months with him being away is finally over and we were also very happy to find out yesterday that he will be stationed at the Embryville State Police Barracks which is just a few minutes from their home. Anyway, Nicholas weathered the shopping experience very well, never batting an eye when he was sitting in the ladies' dressing room or facing a whole wall of ladies undergarments. What a trooper!
In other developments with my beautiful grandson - he learned to blow bubbles in his food, in fact, he perfected it to the point where he knows just the right moment to scatter his peas all over his Mimser's shirt as the spoon hits his little mouth. I think that Laura is now working to teach him something new so that he forgets this little trick. He also sprouted tooth number two. Now I will really be nervous about sticking a finger into his mouth, that first tooth was super sharp, I am sure that this one means double trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment