Thursday, October 19, 2006

It Was a Perfect Autumn Day

After spending a really hectic four days in Delaware, I was really ready for a weekend with my Lil Milkmonster. I picked him up after work on Friday and was entertained by his babbling the whole way home. We had been warned by Bill that we needed to be out of the house on Saturday because he was going to install a new water softener and didn't want us around when there was no water and a lot of potential swearing, so Milkmonster and I set out for some letterboxing. First we stopped at our Paoli Massacre boxes to do some much needed maintenance. A newbie was the last person to find one of the boxes which was in one of True Indigo's decon containers - which are usually inpenetrable. However, it appears that the box was not sealed properly and I had received several notices that the log book was soaked. The Skating Hippo had kindly taken the book and attempted to dry it out and added a new log book to the box but Milkmonster and I went to check and add one of my own heavier books. Well....one of us checked on the boxes, the other one ran around and picked up sticks and had a great time on an absolutely beautiful afternoon.

From the battlefield, we headed down the road a bit to Wayne to finally do MizScarlet's Walkin' the Dog series. I placed
Milkmonster in his stroller for the two mile walk and left him out as I stamped in for us. Surprisingly, the trail was almost empty so finding the boxes and rehiding them was a snap. The few people that were on the trail were mostly walking dogs and Milkmonster got lots of practice saying one of his new words - gog. He also got some practice stealing the letterbox from me and running away with it. And climbing boulders. And sticking his little hands into the cracks to pull out handfulls of leaves. Man, this kid was made to be a letterboxer! And this was a perfect series for the two of us. He was so tired from running around and all of the fresh air that he slept the whole way home and even asked to be put to bed that night. I wasn't far behind him. Thanks, MaryAnn, for providing the perfect setting for our day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment