We had nothing on the agenda for Tuesday morning so I took the opportunity to search for a few nearby boxes including two which I had unsuccessfully attempted last November. I have a strong fascination with alligators and was delighted to find this friendly version at one of the parks.
This sign confused me a bit though. I am not sure how one would molest an alligator.
We headed to the Sanford Zoo for a driveby box hidden there. I had never visited this zoo and I had been disappointed when we had my grandchildren here last month because we had not had time to visit. Although this box did not take us into the zoo itself, I loved what I saw of the grounds and definitely will be sure to take the kids next time they come here with us.
Typical of Florida weather, we can be enjoying brilliant sunshine one minute and torrential downpours the next. The sun had been shining at the previous box just 5 miles away and till we got to the zoo, I got drenched just by opening the car door to pick up this driveby which shared its hidey hole with several little lizards. Fortunately, there was a really nice pavilion close by so I could stamp in without transferring the mud from the box into the car.
Bill waited patiently and comfortable dry in the car.
A visit to another local park, Gemini Springs, about two miles from our home gave me the opportunity to check out the springs which were bubbling away.
I added a picture to my butterfly collection with this soldier butterfly.
No pictures for the last box I tried for. There is a library box in Sanford that I thought I could capture quickly but when I got to the library, the corner that the box was located was occupied by two obviously bored unemployed people. One was snoring loudly and his companion was flipping idly through magazines and even though I chose a book and sat there reading for about twenty minutes, it was obvious that they were not going anywhere. I guess I will get that one when I come back in November. I was able to capture five new boxes this day, two drivebys and three which were probably less than a mile each, so that was five more than I expected to get.
No comments:
Post a Comment