Friday, February 27, 2015

Love Those Movies Event

My main reason for being in Florida on this particular week was to attend Eeyoremama and Tiggermama's Love Those Movies event being held in St. Augustine.  The gathering was being held in Anastasia State Park right next to the St. Augustine Lighthouse.   After a very dismal and cold couple of days, this day turned out to be picture perfect.
 My friends, Idlemoon, Super Rod and Blue Delft flew down from Pennsylvania and Maryland to attend the event.
 When we go to events, we like to find as many boxes as possible, since the stamps made especially for events usually are very special.  We quickly started out searching for Minions along the beach.
 After capturing all the Minions, we made our way back to the pavilion in time for the raffle drawing.  I was lucky enough to win several new stamp pads and a pack of parchment paper.  I do parchment paper transfers for my own stamps, using kitchen parchment paper, so I am very happy to attempt a transfer using the office variety.  I had priced it out myself a few weeks ago and it was just a little out of my price range so this was a big win for me.
 
 
 As we headed for another set of boxes, I captured these little kids fishing. 

 We met up with LCab on our way to another series and she posed with Idlemoon and blue Delft at the end of the long, long boardwalk above.
 One of the big advantages to boxing in Florida is that almost wherever you go, there is a beach.  Idlemoon decided to take the scenic route back from this box.
Although I was too busy boxing to take too many pictures, I had a wonderful time.  Eeyoremama has announced that the next one will be held in two years, when I am RETIRED and can stay as long as I want to.  Even better, it is being held at a park even closer to our condo.  Can't wait to attend Love Those Amusement Parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment